Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ashley & James (MARRIED!)

We met Ashley & James last year and from the day we met until their wedding day, all Adam has talked about was their nacho cheese fountain. The couple shared this amazing reception feature with us at their booking, and Adam has been fascinated for the past year and a half, hoping and praying that they weren't joking and that there really would be a cheesy fountain at their wedding.

Me, on the other hand (while intrigued at the thought of a fountain of cheesy goodness), was more excited for Ashley's dress. While she never actually TOLD me what the dress looked like, after seeing her outfits at their engagement shoot, I was determined that she would have this insanely beautiful, elegant gown...the girl seemed really into fashion! James too looked rather stylish at their engagement shoot (my favorite memory was his shoes, and when I commented on them, he told me they were insanely uncomfortable...but that it was "the price to look good"...I mean a GUY wearing uncomfortable shoes for the sake of fashion?! Love it!), but as with every wedding, I was excited for the dress. I had this picture in my mind of what it would look like in pictures, and when Ashley informed me that they wanted to do a full on photo shoot BEFORE the wedding ceremony at different locations around town- I was SO excited, to say the least!

It is every wedding photographer's dream to get the couple for alone time (whether before or after the ceremony) to get those show-stopping, on-location photos. Sadly, a lot of weddings only allow for a very quick picture time, if any time at all. So when she informed me that they wanted a good couple HOURS of shooting, at various locations about town, Adam and I set to work on finding the perfect mix of backdrops for the day.

While searching through my various sources, I was tipped off to our first location of the day- and I could NOT have been happier that Ashley & James were up for it! Adam and I had never been there, but after seeing the pictures from this day- we are most CERTAINLY heading back!

We also had to get in the urban shots down in the Bottoms, and we had time with the entire bridal party- and can I comment again about how much I LOVE fun shoes?! The girls all had matching LIME GREEN heels- including Ashley- LOVE IT! The striking black and lime green accents were awesome!

Back to Ashley's dress. When I saw her for the first time on the wedding day, her dress was EXACTLY what I had envisioned...only better. It was classic, almost an old Hollywood Glamor look that combined with her cathedral length veil...stunning!

Alright, alright. Enough gushing- on to the pictures! I have so so many images to go through of their day that I feel as though there may be another post at a later date, however this will give you a good sampling. Enjoy!!!

Oh, and PS- yes, the nacho fountain was there, much to Adam's excitement, and it was pretty darn amazing! They had a pretty amazing dinner too- Pizza Hut wings and pizza, combined with the nacho cheese fountain?! Who says you cant mix classy with awesome??? One of my favorite dinners so far, and we we've been to some pretty fancy weddings!




























0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP