Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sara & Brad (MARRIED!!!)

I have been looking forward to these two's wedding for over a year and a half now. I got to know Sara and Brad last year when Adam and I shot their engagement shoot, and I knew when I first met them at their booking that these two were going to have a fun wedding. Their engagement shoot did not disappoint- it started off with the 4 of us trekking through ridiculous amounts of mud in order to get to a place we had found by accident. It turned out awesome, but I remember thinking that any couple that had such a great sense of humor and willingness to trek through mud in their dress clothes was going to have an amazing wedding!

The first thing that I was super excited when I got to their wedding was their colors- a combination of pinks and wines made for a striking but elegant combination, completely chic. The next thing I was excited about was their reception at Union Station. Not only am I in love with the architect of the building, but the whole atmosphere of the train station/museum vibe fit in perfect with the ambiance of their wedding.

It didn't disappoint. After their beautiful ceremony we were able to snap a few pictures of the gorgeous couple outside of the station (even though we were held up by the longest parade of Volkswagen Beetles I have ever seen in my entire life) before heading in to the reception. The wedding planners and decorators did a fabulous job, not only was the setup different from the usual banquet style tables (all of the guests were seated on one long, continuous table that curved out on each end) but the decorations were breathtaking. We got some incredible photos, and the dance floor was busy all night!

We had so much fun!

Before I share the teasers, I just wanted to give a huge shout out to Ashley Hotka of Good Earth Floral Design Studio. She was the mastermind behind the gorgeous decor and flowers for the wedding and each time I see her work I am more amazed! So my KC brides- if you are in the market for a unique florist, definitely look her up!

Now, on to some of our favorites from the day!












































0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP